Wednesday 11 August 2010

Things I love day 12 & day 13....and owl no 7

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well, I'm a bit late with posting my drawings for days 12 &13 but here they are. I'm feeling quite ill at the mo and am super tired so these felt quite difficult to do, but in getting them done I feel better.I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has posted comments for these images. Your lovely comments always make me smile and encourage me :-) so thanks.

Also some other news I have an exhibition coming up soon, I'm very excited, it's been a few years since my last exhibition and I can't wait to get back into the swing of it and I'm very excited to get my work out into my local community...happy me!

Here are those drawings:

 
Day 12 - This is one of my grandads cameras that my nan gave to me, I have three in total and they are either russian or german. They all have their own leather camera cases that I love as objects themselves. I'd love to take some photos using them but I'm not to sure how to load the film in these cameras (it's very different from my modern slr), and my family don't seem to know either. My grandad is no longer with us and my dad last used these when I was a baby. Maybe I should post photos of the camera and you guys may be able to help me out? I'll do that soon I think!


Day 13 - Coloured glass perfume bottles, given to me as gifts. I love how the cut of the glass distorts how you see the shape from different angles...Here we have owl no 7:


I hope your all having a good week? I can't wait for the weekend, two more days to go...!

5 comments:

  1. I would love to go to your exhibition!wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon, well done for sticking with the project and good luck with the exhibition. I can't wait for the weekend either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also hope you are feeling better soon... this has been a while, no? perhaps you need some cheerful snail mail :)

    the camera, and all of these but especially the camera, are amaaaaazing... the camera resonates with me, you've rendered it so very well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely messages everyone :-)
    And Tami yes I've been feeling off for quite sometime. I think I'm on the up now anyway. Snail mail is always appreciated! Haha bless you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the exhibition! you'll have to let me know more i'll come and have a nosey! loving the work it keeps getting better and better :) x

    ooh i also found this website - www.envelop.eu and thought of your work! have a look it might be something you'd be interested in?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)