Thursday 11 November 2010

Sketchbook - The red pony on the hill

Hi all, I hope your all well, and if your in the South west of England I hope your in the warm..The weather here is crazy today! I can hear the wind whooshing outside my window knocking things over and making gates slam shut then open to slam shut again...Car alarms don't seem to be coping either, it's noisy outside tonight!

I had a good day at work today, I'm really loving my job at the moment which is so great.I was helping the children in the weaving studio today and the colours yellow and red kept really standing out to me, you know when you get colours stuck in your mind and you need to make something with them to sort of shake them out? Like a song that gets stuck in your head on repeat, I get that a lot too, the past few days its been the jungle book song 'I wanna be like you', I have no idea why!! I haven't seen that film for years! In case you don't know what I'm on about click here to see the song and video on YouTube. Of course I only had the chorus going round and round....! Anyway back to the colours... Yes so I had the colours yellow and red in my mind and I've also had this image  of a girl holding a small horse in my mind for a few days...So I combined the two tonight and here we are.






Night night people :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love your post. I have the same with songs, colours, images. It's great using them. Love your image with the girl, very dream like. And I love the little house on the hill.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)