Saturday 9 July 2011

July 9th - A Saturday


Good morning! I wanted to show you these photographs taken in the grounds of the school where I work, the flowers are incredible at the moment. I took these after it had been raining heavy all night but for that morning the sun was shining beautifully. All is still quite quiet on the art front here and will be for a few weeks. I brought the BIG loom home though which I need to learn how to thread before I can do any weaving. Terribly exciting though...What will be my first project?! Maybe a pillow case..I'm still thinking on that one and i'll show you photos soon!

Are you based in London? The lovely Siobhan of the Hello Flower blog is starting a London based craft club. Go see.

Also I found this tutorial for dyeing plain glass jars which looks like great fun, I'd love a shelf just dedicated to colored glass jars! The tutorial is over at the Craftberry bush blog.




7 comments:

  1. Wow! What beautiful photographs, I love the Poppies. looking forward to seeing your Weave :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sunshiney yellows!....love from Miss Wibbley.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful!!the first one wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to try weaving too (: I imagine it would be very peaceful once you got the habg of it (: Lovely flower pictures! I love gardens..(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos!! Thanks for the shout out too :) Love the last picture so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. perfectly wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)